You know those days where NOTHING SEEMS TO GO RIGHT and you are having a horrible day? Yup I am pretty sure you know exactly what I am talking about. Whether it be work stresses, arguments with friends or family, transport problems, load shedding, home life.. the list is endless but these type of things can easily aggravate anyone and ruin your day. When I am having a bad day I try to take it in my stride and do the following:
- Read, view or listen to something you love e.g. Your favourite account on Instagram, your favourite website/blog, your favourite song or video at the moment. This can easily cheer you up and put you in a good mood.
- Step away from what you are doing and go for a walk to clear your head. Even if you are at work and can’t go anywhere take a walk to get water or coffee or just stand up and stretch your legs.
- Go get your favourite snack. This might not be possible if you are busy but get something to nibble on. I find that sometimes when I am upset or feeling down then I like getting an orange juice and some peacan nuts as I love it and it gives me something to enjoy.
- Reach out to someone who makes you feel good. There aren’t many of these out there but you will get some people in life who just make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside by just being in their presence. I have a friend who I don’t see as often anymore but he is such a great guy and radiates such positivity that whenever I see him he makes me feel happy. Find that person who does that for you and just randomly chat to them.
- Talk to someone close by you trust. This may not be possible at work as you might not want to off load your bad day with your colleagues but you don’t have to share everything, sometimes it just helps to have a second opinion and to have someone to listen to you.
I hope these tips help you turn your day around!
#1 Read, view or listen to something you love
I love looking at this photo and as it makes me so happy thinking about the experience of going on the Cable Car up Table Mountain which I have always wanted to do.