I had often seen this cute cafe (Vovo Telo bakery & cafe) when walking past and had always wondered about it. I was at the Waterfront two weeks ago and made up my mind that I just had to check out this place! So Saturday morning I finally went to Vovo Telo bakery & cafe and boy oh boy was I not disappointed.
What is Vovo Telo bakery & cafe?
According to their Facebook Page – ‘To some, bread is bread. To us bread is our passion. Do you dream of the perfect loaf of bread? We do, and it is what we strive to achieve everyday at our bakeries. This perfection doesn’t end at our brands; we want each plate of food and each cup of coffee to be a magical experience. Come into our space and see where your imagination takes you’.
Near The Wheel of Excellence, V & A Waterfront, Cape Town.
Mon – Sun: 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
What I ordered?
– Eggs Benetelo (A toasted split croissant, with eggs of your choice and lemon butter sauce)
– My companion ordered: A Pita Breakfast Bun ( Homemade pita bread filled with boerewors or crispy gypsy ham, tomato and a fried egg, served with a spicy tomato chutney and honey mustard on the side.
What I loved?
– My meal and drinks were absolutely scrumptious and usually when I buy breakfasts I feel like I’ve eaten so unhealthy (greasy bacon + eggs) but as my egg was poached I left quite good!
– We arrived just before 12pm so there doesn’t appear to be any restrictions as to when you can order breakfast. Whereas other places stop allowing breakfast orders after a certain time.
– We sat at the outdoor seating so we had terrific views of the Wheel of excellence as well as all the passers-by.
– Terrific service. When we got there the outdoor seating was completely full but as we didn’t mind waiting we only waited for about 5 -10 minutes and during that time two people came up to ask to ask if we had been served yet. As well as our waiter was really nice and kept asking if we were enjoying our meal.
– Sitting amongst the tourists (had an Australian couple sitting behind us).
I absolutely loved this place. It was a very overcast day with the sun making an appearance here and there but it was so relaxing so just sit and enjoy breakfast/ brunch. This is definitely my new breakfast/ brunch spot!
If you’re in Cape Town this place is a must. Check out their website HERE.