Hello all! I thought I’d share with you a supper I made for myself last week. It was a vegetarian version of spaghetti and meat balls. This is the first time I am trying the Quorn meat balls (it’s made of mycoprotein, mushrooms) and the Roasted Vegetable Pasta sauce. I have tried the tomato and basil sauce as well as the sun-dried tomato sauce.
The “meat” balls have a very different taste. It’s not a bad taste, it’s just not a consistent taste. I loved the pasta sauce. It contains tomatoes including sun-dried tomatoes and roasted yellow and red bell peppers. It also had a mix of other roasted vegetables including butternut, onion, aubergine, carrots, and garlic. It also happens to be vegan.
Here’s how I made my vegetarian spaghetti and meatballs:
- Monteverde The Italian Pasta Spaghetti
- InaParman’s Kitchen Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Quorn Soy free, Meat free, balls
1. Bring water to the boil and add pasta. Cook to your taste. I like to cook it al dente, which means firm to the bite.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and cook the “meat” balls until warm right through, turning them over every minute or so. I cooked them from frozen and halved some of the bigger ones so that they could cook faster and more evenly.
3. Heat up about a cup of pasta sauce for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring halfway through.
4. Drain the pasta and dish some out onto a plate or in a bowl.
5. Place the meatballs on top of the pasta.
6. Pour the warm sauce over the balls and pasta. Now you have a nice delicious supper!